Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekend Quilting with Sulky

One of the books we won from Sulky "Quick & Easy Weekend Quilting with Sulky" had the directions for making Fabric Rag Bowls...pictured is my first try....of course Harold's is better than my first...but I knew what to tell him to do and not do...anyway that's my story and I am sticking with to it...giggles

It is a perfect place to keep my quilt clips.....

My middle daughter Jamie on her first attempt at sewing...(Several years back Harold and I had gifted each of our girls with their own sewing machines).....all she had done was break the needle...:0)...after lesson on removing broken needle and replacing with good one...winding bobbin and threading machine....off she went....Yes, she is making a Sulky Fabric Rag Bowl....Said Mom I will be back next Sat...Husband and boys are camping out....
In the back ground is our baby daughter Geri's friend Shantel...they are beading....although you can't see Geri in this pic she is working away....

Here are the two "BNL Bling Scarves" Gaudy, yes but that is what they wanted...hehehehe.....they do look better for real as you can see all the Sulky threads,beads and fun fur....As I was pulling out red, blue, white seed beads, stars, footballs buttons, fun fur yarn, sulky threads etc......Will be worn for the football game on Friday....They decided it was a good thing I had my own craft shoppe....See we never know when we will need all that stuff we hang on to....
Was ready to drop when they all left but we had a great day together....The Ol'Blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun with you daughters!
looks like "mom" is cool after all - they just might become quilters after all....
C

Anonymous said...

Way to go girls. The Ol' Blogger is going to have to add on to her Studio. With Harold and all of you in there.
Sherry