Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sewing or Supper


Today I was watching Sewing with Nancy, a program I had recorded....Harold was reading or so I thought...till he began asking me questions about machine embroidery and how it works....The man doesn't do well with ..all.. the remote controls needed to turn the TV, Direct Satellite, and Surround Sound on or off...I told him he had no idea how much he was missing out by not possessing the new world of technology ....I invited him in to my studio with the intent of teaching him how to make a bowl...by wrapping strips of fabric around a clothesline and sewing together by machine...High Tech...giggles....
As you can see in this picture he is attentive about what he is doing...

I begin to get a little apprehensive....he has done the cooking in this house since the last child moved out... which I had done for 30 plus years previously to that event! I am now contemplating ... "is he so engrossed in sewing he's not going to cook supper tonight"...all the while my stomach is broadcasting hunger ...he seems not to hear...

He did wrap up (pun intended) his bowl in short time...took me all day to make my first one...and wasn't as good as his... Did the same thing with cooking .... started and is really good at it...Oh, yes he did cook fish and fries for our supper..Sigh of relief...The Ol'Blogger


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Harold. When are you giving classes?
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Harold I think you are so cool.
Usually when a man puts his mind
to art work they are a natural
working with their hands.
You are also "Hot"--I knew that.

Anonymous said...

Harold you are THE MAN!
Maybe you talk one of the neighbors into being your personal chef - then just think of ALL the projects the two of you can produce.
Are we all getting a bowl for Christmas?
C

Anonymous said...

Way to go Harold! I'm trying to get Tony involved in some of my projects, but so far no luck. Maybe you ought to talk to him.....

R

Anonymous said...

Harold, I'm so proud of you!!!

But with the men getting involved in our projects, will they be wanting a studio of their own??
K