Sunday, July 18, 2010

Knitted to Felting

Before boiling is pictured here....If you all read the posting on our June meeting, you will remember Kathy had progressed up one level in her knitting..from dish cloths to purses.. Starting her first one...Since then she has finished one and has another ready to boil...the one above is ready to boil...No she isn't going to feed it to Mike for dinner..giggle...but after boiling, it will be felted,which has been done in the picture here...Now I don't know about you, but for me it looks nothing like the first picture...I am not sure when Kathy dyed this,but I would assume after boiling...She finished with fabric lining and pockets inside and button hole edges....Okay, I am ready to see if I can move up to a purse from my dish cloths...Kathy said this is very forgiving and I love forgiving....Kathy says even knitting impaired can do this...
The Ol'Blogger

No comments: