Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Glorious Two Days

My comments are in black for this posting..I received an email with two pictures attached for the blog..HURRAY!!! I love those kind of emails..The email was from Cindy and I am going to share with her words.....
Elaine- I have had the most glorious two days! Been home playing! Kent's been content working in his garage! Just what I've always wanted retirement to be! (And it just took 5 years  :) Have completed my August UFO, and a couple of other projects not even on the list!
These pictures are not her UFO's. She didn't send me picture of it...so if I have to wait then so do you all...giggle!!!!
  "Before"
Anyway, since I can't drag my chair to our SoTA day I decided to go ahead and share it now. It makes me smile every time I walk in my room- now I want to do my folding chairs and card table:-/

  ....................."After"
It made me smile also Cindy...It is very cheerful... I love the fabric.... 
      In Chicago there was a booth that had folding chairs she had "recovered" and Rhona, Kathy and I went a little nuts over them (as did lots of people at the show) Guess I must be in my whimsical - anything goes - stage - When Kent came in my room and saw the chair he only blinked his eyes and said "hmm" So now he knows I've gone off the deep end. Jumping off the the cliff has been a lot more fun than I ever imagined and I'm glad you gals have jumped too! (remember the old saying our parents used "If Johnny jumped off the cliff would you jump too?" hmm guess I would have to answer yes to that now :-)
We need to change that to "If one SoTA jumps will you all jump too? YES
Boy this posting was sure a lot easier...Thanks Cindy dear...
The Ol'Blogger



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll gladly jump there also, I love what you have done Cindy.
I want some. The Elder

Anonymous said...

How cute. I can see my card table and chairs now.

Snowflake

Anonymous said...

snowflake & elder
it is a lot of fun making your own fabric and cutting out the shape you need - I was going to do it in blues but that wild pink/yellow/orange/green fabric jumped out and said "use me!" so I did - besides PINK IS the SOTA color!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....I'm going to look around my "studio" and see what I can redo...Cindy, you're in inspiration!!
K

Anonymous said...

And I would follow you girls to the ends of the earth....
K