Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blick,Blick,Blick

First off I would like to thank Rhona and Tony for a wonderful "Fun Meter Fill Up Monthly Meeting". Your home is so lovely..The view from the kitchen window is so peaceful and perfect with the corn fields, garden, cement pond, and the log cabin...I wasn't allowed to take a pictures of the view today, I have to wait till the log cabin is finished, but I will eventually...giggle  
Tony thank you for over ruling the executive decision that we would each bring our own sack lunch for our monthly meetings... lunch was delicious:) The Warlock spoke....and Rhona listened she prepared a Mexican meal and Kathy made a grape salad that was really good. hmmmmmmmmm
For breakfast we had brownies (made by Jody) and home made ice cream made by Cindy T.  Hey it worked for all of us...we just couldn't wait till lunch...Besides our dear Cindy P.joined us and she brought peanut butter pie for dessert...
We solved all the worlds problems today as usual...if only they would listen to us...Tony could hear our laughter upstairs, as he watched and listen for the timer to let us know when lunch was finished..... As we each arrived we were greeted by the Blick Trio pictured here...These three stopped by Blicks while in Chicago and won these shirts...



Jody worked on her shabby chic pieces...and dear sweet Kathy presented her with this lovely quilt pictured below..Name: Bygone Romance....
Sherry also worked on her "I am a Little Tea Pot" quilt...wait till you see it finished...oooooh. Kathy was sewing on her label for her Holfman Challenge Project...Cindy P used paint sticks and change a skirt into a completly new skirt. When finished with that she brought out the clay doll she is working on I will have an update picture later...Cindy T.was still embroidery on Crab Apple Winter pillow. Rhona on the tea cup blocks...Yes, I was making jewerley...:0)
Girl there aren't enough words for me to say how much you all mean to me and what a grand day we had today...I love you all..
Show-n-Tell will be featured in the upcoming post...Our August meeting will be at Jody's..
The Ol' Blogger
P.S. Thank you Tony for the cucumbers from your garden...He sent us all home with some...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Blogger. I want to thank each and everyone of you
for being in my life. Each of you
make my cup runeth over, OK maybe
it's my wine glass.
Love each of you for what you do.
The Elder...

Anonymous said...

To quote the famous Cindy P
"It was the happiest day of my life" You girls always make me smile. Seems it always ends too soon. Maybe next time we will jump into the cement pond :-)
Old Blogger you do a tremendous job - see you all again real soon!
Love you all!
CT

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what they said....
love, hugs and kisses,
K

Anonymous said...

I love each and everyone of my SoTA sisters, and look forward to when we are all together. They all keep me inspired with all the different crafts they do. Thank you Old Blogger you have such a gift with words. To bad you don't want to work with Jewelry. HeHe!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Having you all there is what makes it "the happiest day of my life". Our days always end too soon. I can't wait till our next adventure!
Love you all, R