Saturday, June 19, 2010

Highlights from June Fun Meter Fill Up Meeting

Today we met at Kathy's for our June meeting...As always we were so happy to see one another..but we missed our Elder as she couldn't join us...that is one of the great results of our relationship as a group...we miss whoever isn't able to make a meeting but we all realize there is life to contend with and not always possible for all to make it every time we gather...So we don't cancel our group because there maybe left over coffee..(inside joke)..Some times a trip may consist of two...(like last Saturday when Rhona and I attended the Salem Quilt Show together..the other sisters had outings and home life to do)...or maybe we all can go...and we love it when that happens...The secret to our success as a group is no rules...just lots of love and realizing there are others in each others world...And much laughter...As was the case today..    

     Pictured here Cindy is teaching Kathy the next step in the knitted purse she is working on,while Sherry is looking on.. Kathy like me has recently learned how to knit dish cloths...Having mastered that..she is stepping up..to next level..I will show the finished product when completed..Which I have a few more dish clothes to make before I can move up...smile...I am...






Today Rhona brought a  project that had lost its fun..deciding to change it and bring back the adventure.
Realizing she didn't have enough of the background fabric to start over..she began the process of ripping out what she didn't like..to be replace with her new idea.... Not sure I would call this a blast..giggle
Sherry is working on her last tea pot hand embroidery...she has completed all the others and the 12 tea cups...I haven't  even gotten around to drawling them out....hehehehehehe....Sherry ask Kathy if she had a certain floss # (as she had forgotten to add that one in her traveling kit)... Rhona replies with" if she doesn't I do up in the truck"...with a snicker from all ..we understood that conception....might not remember we have a jack, jumper cables or spare tire in our vehicle ....but we know what craft item we are carrying around...:) Cindy worked on her Crab Apple  Hill winter embroidery...

For what ever reason alter seeing Kathy's

"Grandmothers Flower Garden" 
 wall hanging..I decided I want to make one...so this is what I brought to work on today...We discussed the many things we can do with our tea cups and tea pots..one was use this pattern and make some block in the white and then embroidery them in that section...Talk about soon to lose its fun...I think I will stick with a small wall hanging..so I can say I made one...
Not sure what I was thinking when Sherry took this picture of me today.. sure it had something to do with the idea of adding embroider tea cups to this quilt...Wouldn't you agree?
Again Jody, we missed you today..hope this posting helps you to enjoy our day. We all love you.
The Ol'Blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elaine you ALWAYS do such a great job with our blog! Thanks!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

You all were on my mind all day
I was there in spirit and our
wonderful blog brought it into
view. Knew you would have fun
Love you, The Elder