Saturday, April 18, 2009

Prom

Spring brings proms at high schools all over...Our is no exception....I as Nanny, have two grandson who will be attending their junior & senior proms tonight....Tyler my oldest grandson wanted me to make a corsage for his date....Never having made one before, with some hints from the SoTA Sisters and Internet I went for it...above is picture of his...I used white and silver...all his flowers were bought...I did do some beading and used silver stars for some extra detail.
After seeing Tyler's, my next in age, grandson ask for one for his date....They even text me a picture of her dress... Which is gold...on this one I used some bought flowers....Then remember I had a video of "Judith Baker Montana" that show how to make flowers using silk ribbon...I decided to give it a try and I made some and added gold glass beads to the center... Jody had shown Sherry and I how to use Mokuba ribbon to make flowers.... So I made 5 of them for Jacob's date's corsage.... Glad I don't have anymore grandson's going to the prom this year..:)
My grandchildren are like my SoTA Sisters, they accept me for myself, believe I can do anything...and see beyond the flaws...Hope their dates do the same.....The Ol' Blogger

No comments: