Thursday, April 30, 2009

Future Quiltmakers

I went to Wisconsin to visit my grandsons, Nicholas and Lucas, during their spring break. Nicholas's 3rd grade class was making a "quilt" from paper. Nicholas decided he wanted to make one from fabric. He is making a charm quilt from 6inch squares. I helped by putting pieces together for him and he did the sewing.
He was able to get several blocks pieces into rows and then put a couple of rows together so we could get a picture.


While Nicholas was working on his quilt, Lucas asked if I'd teach him to sew. So we decided to make a pillow. Again I helped by putting the pieces together and Lucas did the sewing. Here's Lucas holding his pillow top.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a treasure for sure...The Ol'Blogger

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what special times to share. I wonder if I could rent some grandkids???

K