Monday, December 29, 2008

Terri Lee


***************************************************************************************
What a treat, while at our new friend's house she shared this treasure..!!!!
The first Terri Lee Doll was featured in the 1946 Montgomery Wards Christmas Catalog where it sold 8,000. The real Terri Lee (the doll was named for) was born on Nov. 29 1927 in Lincoln, Nebraska. The doll was originally made of old fashion composition sawdust and ground up corn cobs. Terri Lee was one of the first companies to promote diversity with an ethnic doll line in the 1940’s.
Creator Violet Gradwhol had printed in her last leaflet "Terri Lee, Born to Love and Be Loved".
I do love her with all my heart... All though I never have had to privilege of owning one...I asked Santa but somehow he got me mixed up with another little girl and I got a "Tiny Tears":0)
I am still waiting for my own...Hopefully, Santa will remember....Love The Ol' Blogger.

No comments: