Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories and Gifts

**
**************************************************************************************
I have been searching for my genealogy papers...Surely I am akin to Sherry some how....Oh where, oh where, did I put those....:0)
All women family members who will be sharing Thanksgiving with Sherry are getting a gift box...Yes, in each box will be a set of place mats, set of mitten napkin holders (pictures of them under posting" Snowman Place Mats/Mitten Napkin Rings") and two of the potholders shown above..... Sherry has been very busy sewing and embroidering...Her work is stunning......Gee, I can't find those dang documents.....:<(
Every year her sisters come on Wednesday to spend the night and prepare their Thanksgiving dinner for the next day.....Imagine the laughter and teasing between the sisters as they cook. Smell of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet corn and other fall vegetables. Pumpkin Pie, Blackberry cobbler is taking the place of apple this year... How close in the blood line does one need to be to qualify as family???? giggle, giggle
When the foods all gone and the day is done...Each will have a gift box of love which will bring memories of Sweet Sherry for years to come.....
Why, didn't I listen when my Mother told me to put our family history in a safe place......:>)
The Ol' Blogger



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping this under wraps,
didn't want to shock Sherry, but,
I am her long lost "elderly Aunt.
Do I qualify?

The Elder "Aunt"

Anonymous said...

Can we add a SoTA branch to her family tree???
K