Monday, July 27, 2009

One Year Anniversary

Although our group is older, today is "The SoTA Blog Site's" one year anniversary....a year has gone by...we had many wonderful days together as our blog reminds us...On any given day we can look back through our blog and the memories are quick to bring the days flooding back....

During childhood, the main source of companionship for women was girlfriends...But time changes everything...The older women get...different circumstances enter the picture, like boyfriends..which leads to husbands, then children...grandchildren...as different stages of life are entered, girlfriends may be put on the back-burner...We are so blessed that along with our families we have been able to revive this childhood gift of friendships....Having this group is what keeps us sane..makes us laugh and allows us to be who we need to be...We empower each other and appreciate each other...the good relationships we have is because we listen, trust and do not keep score...in this group its not about out doing one another...its about sharing all that we are and learning....

Jody sums up the way we feel..."Our SoTA Sisters are so special, it makes me wish that all women out there could share with a group of their own the deep friendship we have..It is priceless and so valuable to us a women...


I must also add we are all blessed with husbands who have the wisdom and the love to encourage this group...This group is good for our health.......The world doesn't stop when we gather but all stress does....For a few short hours are blood pressure is lower and are hearts beat calmer...So as Cindy said " I hope we are blessed with many more years together and recording our growing times together....

A personal note from me...this group is right up there with Paxil in helping me to adapt to life....I have gone places with this group...learned things and done things I never would have without them... Thanks girls...I love you all... Your favorite Ol' Blogger :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to tell you all how special you are to me, and that you are in a special place in my heart. Love, hugs and kisses, K.