Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hoffman Challenge Update One

*

*
Each was to have head and body on fabric panels....The images on the left are what Rhona and Cindy had accomplished..giggle giggle...Really we need to give them a break...Cindy had been in Texas for weeks. Rhona is in process of remodeling her sewing room...All her valuables in old sewing room are all through the house..They got on the ball and amazingly faces begin to appear before the day was over...Proud of you girls..First we have Kathy emerging from Rhona's creative hands...Cindy snips, rotates and place fabric on her base...Lo and behold who materializes..Jody or is it Leona Helmsley?
Kathy is doing me...I can see myself in her work..Looking forward to next Saturday to see what else she does with me..Yes, we have scheduled another work day for this project...We have a lot to do before the deadline....
Here is Sherry's rendition of Cindy. I showed Harold the pictures from yesterday..and he was able to name everyone of us..with no help from me...
The Elder has Sherry to work on and this is what she had completed...With every thing going on in her life...and her age :0)...she always comes through...What would we do without her always nudging us to get on the move...
I keep changing Rhona...She hangs in my front room and I am always looking at her dragging her down and to the sewing room for changes.....We have progress from George Washington to a closer resembles........I am totally astounded at whats being done with fabric and what we are learning about shading..A fun and learning project for us all. Updates to follow..


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made around 30 faces of Sherry,
I had noses, lips and eyeballs all
over my work area before I was satisfied, I think it shows how
beautiful Sherry is. She is very
special to me.


The Elder

Anonymous said...

Shading was my most concern. It amazes me what just a shade difference makes.

Snowflake

Anonymous said...

the hurrieder I go the behinder I get - famous quote from my dad - that's how I felt since being gone so much - but as of today my panel is ready - woohoo! or at least I think it's ready :-) I don't think my elder looks like the queen of mean anymore but you all will be the judge of that! now on to getting caught up on other things that have been left behind...never ending

Anonymous said...

I have been blessing with creating Elaine...I hope I'm able to capture that twinkle in her eye! Somehow I've used a lot of green in her hair...do you think it's jealousy??!!

K