Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brain Still in Over Load....

 What a treat for my eyes, when I stopped at Cindy T's on Tuesday..She never said a word about the table we were sitting by while visiting, when all of a sudden my eye was caught by the items on the table..My breath was taken away..The table was beautiful to say the least..Cindy had found this shoe at a yard sale, empty and crusty, she told Kent "I want that shoe".. After much soaking and scrubbing it was clean and shinning..When given a box of buttons from a friend. She knew where they could and would live...
 

Caddy Corner from the shoe in front of the lamp was this beauty. Yes, she had learned well from Brian Haggard and let her imagination go..Pieces of this and that Cindy created a one of a kind, her very own special pin cushion..Scissors hang from the Curly Q off to the side, a thimble rest in the bird nest on top, while the precious bird looks on..Check out the needle holder hanging from a leaf...I love it all..My words don't do it all justice,and this isn't all that adored that exquisite table. Just a little behind and to the other side of the shoe,,well just look below..
Cindy had taken a minture sewing chair (found at a yard sale) and recreated it into a delight for ones eyes...The sounds coming from my mouth and the size of my eyes were from sheer delight..Not that I was surprised that Cindy could do all this, from having seen all she has created in the past, I knew she was well capable..But my mind was still in over load from having, the week before, spent three wonderful days with her, Jody and Rhona at my first retreat. With Brian Haggard as our Instructor, and then being invited to his studio. Was more than my mind could handle..all my emotions came flowing out in Cindy's front room....giggle
All of the SoTA Sisters have been my inspiration for going on 14 or15 years..Now I can add Brian and all his lovely family to the list..I am truly blessed..Thank you all, The Ol'Blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are stunning!! I'm going to have to get to more yard sales....
k

Anonymous said...

so glad you enjoyed!
c