Monday, August 24, 2009

Years of living

My sister took this picture when taking Mom to visit her older sister in the Nursing Home.....My Mom (90) and my Aunt Annie (94) precious hands....Annie's are the one painted purple...Sweet....Over the years these hands have sown their share of rips and done lots of mending...Their Mother did quilt....The girls were into crochet...At night or early morning they would take a little time for themselves with a cup of coffee, needles and yarn....Mom still has the little dress she crochet for me when I was a baby...I will have to see if she will let me have it again....:0)

Aunt Annie always has a smile on her face....the one thing I remember over the years about her is that smile....But when Mom gets ready to leave Aunt Annie always puts on her sad face...Is this sad enough can I go with you? Sad yes.... but also so sweet...when they are together... they are two little girls again...The Ol' Blogger

1 comment:

SoTA said...

I just love Aunt Annie's Sad Face.... R