Monday, August 3, 2009

WE WON HOFFMAN GROUP CHALLENGE

Hurray... we won the "Hoffman Group Challenge" again this year....We are all so excited to say the least...We got an email with a preview of this year's winners and our quilt "SoTA Sisters" was there...

I am not sure how many people enter ...but in researching "Hoffman Fabrics" I read where.... "Last year, more than 800 people entered what is now one of the most prestigious quilt challenges in the country." And it said " Once the judges have selected the winners and Hoffman Fabrics has awarded the prizes, the top 150 quilts, thirty garments, and thirty dolls are divided into five traveling exhibits..


We are truly blessed to have been chosen as the winner in the "group" category. There has only been three years of the group category...and we have been selected two of the three...The first year our quilt traveled...Last year we shared the honor with two other groups. One from Westerville OH and McDonough, GA. "Thank You" so much to the "Hoffman California-International Fabrics" for selecting us again this year....


I feel so honored to be one of the sisters...we have over the years developed from a group to family.... a special "Thank You" to my SoTA Sisters for teaching me so much.... If I could I would do cartwheels....The Ol' Blogger

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is quite an accomplishment for the group. Congratulations ladies!

Tony

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here reading all your
chit-chat on our e-mails, quitely
smiling, I'm so proud of our group,
as with any project we work on
everyone loves our strong points
and is always willing to jump in and help when we need it, whether
it is a group project or one of
our own. I don't know six luckier
women. As you said we went from
friends to family. Love you
The Elder

Anonymous said...

I feel like Dora the Explorer when they find what they are looking for "WE DID IT WE DID IT WE DID IT HOORAY!"
c

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you all! It truely is a work of art! Diana

SoTA said...

Congrats MOM and Girls! I am soooo proud of you and the group! You are all so talented! LY Jamie

Anonymous said...

A big thank you to Kathy for getting us going and keeping us all on track. A big thank you to all the other SoTA sisters for being such amazing women. I'm truly blessed to have you all as part of my life.

R

Anonymous said...

WOW - that is awesome!!! you girls rock! S.J.

SoTA said...

WooHoo!!! Way to go ladies!!!! Congrats! Jenni

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! Great Teamwork! Wonderfully Creative! Way Cool! You Go Girls!


jb

Anonymous said...

I feel so privileged to be part of such a special family of women. Love, hugs and kisses to all,
K

Angela said...

Congrats! My friend in OR just sent me an email asking if I knew Cindy since she was from my town. What a great project of love you ladies created.

Anonymous said...

I've been so excited, I have told everyone that would listen, and told some twice. I am so blissed to have such wonderful and talented friends.

Sherry