Sunday, June 28, 2009

Round Robin

Another page from Sherry's memory book...

Sherry speaking " In 1996 a group of 5 women started what is called a "Round Robin". Vickie, Sugar, Jackie, Jody and myself...A Round Robin is where each person makes a block and then passes it on to the next person in line so they can add a border to it..and it is passed around until everyone has worked on it.

I had not met Sugar, and Vicki until March 1997 when Jody, Jackie and I drove up to Libertyville, Illinois. What a fantastic week we had going to quilt shops during the day..Meeting at Jo's(Sugar's mother,who is one of the grandest people anyone would ever want to meet) for supper or coffee and talking about quilting, family and what we did all day. We exchanged our blocks on this trip.

April 1997 I have been working on Jackie's block. I'm using some of the material she sent along and some from my own stash...I have worked for two days trying to get my point just right on the star in the corner"...

The Ol'Blogger here " She hasn't anymore written about this...but we do know by the picture...they did complete the Round Robin....I have never done one of these but is something I would like to try someday...

No comments: