Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Leap of Faith

This is the first time I have taken on a project without first getting input from the sisters....My grandson, Jacob was playing in the back yard with our boxer, Presley....Yes, Presley does curl his lip like the real King....I am a Elvis fan through and through...sorry for that little side trip :0)....Anyway I snapped a pic just as Jacob caught him from a running leap...I loved the pic...and decided to see what I could do with it...Not knowing where I was starting or where I was going...I just began to play...Printed the picture out on fabric...cut Jacob and Presley out..Looking at the picture I decided to add the tree that was out back...we call it the Josh's (my son) tree...I planted the red bud tree when I was pregnant with him...It was just a stick when I put in the ground....both Josh and the tree are 28 now and have grown quite a bit...Josh's is 6'4"....and yes, the tree does have a trunk that comes off the side....so I tried to create it as close as I could... We have three cranes that fly over an honk daily...which Presley is fascinated with...so I hand drew and did my first thread painting on them.. Found a button in my collection that said "Friends" placed that between Jacobs feet....They are best friends... I think Jacob may come more to visit Presley than Nan (me)....but then he does get gas money from me on occasion...soooo giggle giggle. Since we had covered our Hoffman Challenge with netting..I decided to cover it with netting...which I thought also gave it a magical look....
Our dear Kathy gave this wall hanging its name " A Leap of Faith"... This really has a lot of meaning to me...and was fun making...The Ol' Blogger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have created a loving, lasting memory for Jacob. Beautiful.



The Elder