Friday, June 26, 2009

24 YARDS!!!!!!

From Sherry's memory book...Sherry speaking..." In the middle of August 1996 I started my second quilt. This Quilt is called Cathedral Window..The pattern came from a book called "Through the Window and Beyond by Lynne Edwards..I chose this one because it is a great lap quilt, and I wanted something I could take to work with me and work on during my breaks.."("Now we know why GM is having financial problems :0) "The Ol'Blogger speaking)...Back to Sherry
"The main color is dark green with mauve flower inserts. I bought the material at Wal-Mart in Bedford, In. The dark green was $1.87 a yard and I bought 24 yards..."("she wanted to make sure she had enough I guess" inserted by The Ol' Blogger )" The flowered was $3.24 a yard and I got 4 yards..The wonderful thing about this quilt is as I sew the insets into my squares and sew the squares together the quilt is finished..No other sewing is needed or batting used unless you want to.
I tired of this quilt and ended up making 3 pillow for my bedroom. They just happen to be the right colors...Maybe someday I 'll try another one"....
The Ol'Blogger speaking.." 24 yards of fabric(she at this time was still calling it material) for three pillows now that was some bargain wouldn't you agree".....hehehehe
Beautiful pillows though.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started one a hundred years ago..but I didn't buy 24 yards of fabric....have one panel done...now I know what to do with it...make pillows...The Ol' Blogger

Anonymous said...

I started one, was 3/4's of the way done, didn't like it and threw it away.
Sherry, I love that you have journaled your work. Love You

The Elder