Friday, August 8, 2008

We Won

Jody and Kathy look on as Cindy reads the letters we received as a result of "Serenity" winning.
We each received this Hoffman Challenge Pin. Hopefully by clicking on the picture you can get a better look at it.

A picture of the bundles of Hoffman Fabric we got for winning. We divided between us..each got 19 fat quarters of fabric.


We Won!!!! Here is a copy of our notification You can see a picture of the winning quilt under Title 2008 Hoffman Challenge.....Elaine

Subj: Hoffman Challenge Winners

Hi everyone,
Congratulations! You’ve all been named a winner of this year’s challenge. I’ve attached the list, and we’re frantically at work trying to get images up on the website. I’ll be trying to also post the traveling trunk assignments in the next few days. I apologize that this isn’t a more personal contact, but I’m really snowed under, as we only have a very short time to prepare all 12 trunks before our August 23-24th show. We will be exhibiting all 360 traveling items at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Festival for the first time ever. I was a bit psychotic to try to do a major show in the middle of the craziest month of my year, but I’m also pretty excited to see them all up in one place. Please consider coming! Colorado is beautiful, and there will be many other incredible exhibits as well. This could become a yearly thing, provided I and my staff survive. You can find more information at http://www.rockymountainquiltfestival.com/.
I have mailed the winners to Hoffman, and they will begin sending out awards soon. There was a change in the group award. Instead of awarding one grand prize, Christine Brown, the judge, awarded three honorable mention awards. They will be packets of fabric worth $300 each. We may adjust this category next year. We also had three additional doll awards given, as we received so many incredible dolls this year. These awards will also be fabric awards.
There were 579 entries this year. I’ll be posting the precise numbers soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, and again, thank you for your fabulous entries and support of the Hoffman Challenge.
Kelly Gallagher-Abbott
Curator

No comments: