Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sherry to the Rescue!

What started out as a horrid day, was turned around by Sherry.. I had gone to my sewing room, all set to embroidery snowmen. Lo and behold my machine would not work...My heart just sank..I haven't even had it a year. The Sewing Center is closed on Monday..so I can't do anything till Tuesday...Knowing it is under warranty didn't ease my gut...I know it will be gone for weeks...You might know, I had to finish a snowman purse by next week..It is a birthday gift.

Wonder woman to the rescue..Sherry told me to come over and use hers. She was going to be in her sewing room all day working with her new quilting machine. Picture is of her and the new machine. Working on her Snowman Quilt to be exhibited at the " Twelve Days of Christmas Shoppe"this year. We had a blast. I got all the snowmen embroidery and am now sewing on beads in the snowflakes.. Purse will be done in time...Wonderful to have such great friends...Elaine

3 comments:

SoTA said...

Sherri took me to Columbus,In to pick up my embroidery machine on Thursday. She told Greg she had to take me or I would be back over using her machine.:) About a 3 1/2 hours round trip. My machine is well and back home. And I thought it would be weeks...Was only a few days. Wonderful.. Elaine

Starrannie said...

I alway knew my mom was good for something:)

SoTA said...

God love her heart..Sherry is sharing her maching with Cindy for a few days, so she can get snowflakes quilted on her Christmas Shoppe Quilt. That is one of the super traits of SoTA Girls... they all share. Sorry no picture of this..But there will be Friday.. from September Fun Meter Fill up at Rhona's. Remember we have a surprise from Tony aka "Boy Toy".