Friday, May 6, 2011

Brown Paper Bagging....

My Sister Janna had this to say about my brown paper bagging.." Elaine, this is how people wall papered back in the 40s before real wallpaper. You are regressing!" First picture is work in progress.... My children were a little worried their mother had lost it completely, when I told them I was going to use brown paper bags to paper the kitchen, and I wanted them to save them for me to use... But when I finished they loved it even the two boys...Some thinks it looks like rocks, others say it looks like leather...My husband was thrilled the cost was very little..giggle..My Grandmother used to say "given enough time, everything old will become new again"! I did seal it with polyurethane, which I am sure they didn't do years back...Below is one wall complete...The Ol' Blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning, I love it.
The Elder
Love you also...

Anonymous said...

lovely, lovely! can't wait to see it "live" lol
ditto on what the elder said!
C