Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Scrappy Column Quilt

Heath grew up with my son Josh and are great friends. Heath is married and their first baby, a girl, is arriving this May..So I created this quilt for her..I used Nancy (from Sewing with Nancy) column quilts technique. Basically it is made in columns and quilted as you go...Scrappy columns quilt is as the name implies, small amounts of leftover fabrics, folded into dimensional inserts, accents the easy to sew columns for this quilt.. With this I used those decorative stitches (the ones we tend to forget we have) to stitch the front panel to the batting..Which for this quilt I used flannel. The first column was all stitched right sides facing out..where the rest of the columns are added by placing right sides together front to front and back to back..Then flipping front over and back out you have it all together..With seam enclosed inside the panels, no need to add any thing to cover the seams. I added quilting by quilting in the ditch between the rolls..There is an array of texture,color,and little flaps and pockets for baby to explore...
The Ol'Blogger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love It.

Anonymous said...

I've seen this, it is a work of art and a work of love.
Lucky Baby