Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Santa

A few years back, the PTO from the school Bev and I worked at ask me to make a life size Santa for the Principal Sara for Christmas... I said I would if Bev would make his clothes...I hate sewing clothes...Bev made his clothes, I sculpted his face from polymer clay, using sheep's wool for his hair, beard, mustache...I used hair I combed out of our dog at the time and used for Santa's eye brows. Kodo's hair was perfect for eyebrows..He has since left us for Doggy Heaven...Harold made the frame for his body from wood and I stuffed him with quilting batting....Sara would bring him to school and share with the students by putting him in the lobby...It was fun hearing the children talking about him..I made four of them all together.  His head is removable which makes him easy to store...I lost count of how many little ones I made before my hands got where I couldn't kneed the clay anymore...  Left to right...Me, Santa, Bev.....The Ol'Blogger

No comments: