Monday, November 1, 2010

Ruby Hauser

Ruby Hauser is still alive, living in the southern part of Indiana. She has been in an assisted living home for around 10 years. She was a school Librarian and avid quilter. A charter member of the Quarry Quilters in Bedford. She was always dressed impeccably. Shoes and clothes always matched, never a hair out of place. In my opinion, she was a perfectionist. Ruby was always kind and friendly and even opened her home to a group for weekly quilting. I attended a few times, but wasn't able to add it to my already jam packed schedule. Recently her home and items went on the auction block. I attended the auction because I wanted a memento to add to my already bulging studio. When I saw the pin cushion it was a must have if at all possible. The other items were just icing on the cake
 :-) I know that someday all this "stuff" I hold dear and have accumulated will too be sold to the highest bidder or even given away - but that's okay with me - I will have used and enjoyed these items while they where in my possession and I hope that whom ever acquires them after me may they get as much fun and joy as I have had!
I let Cindy tell about the picture of items she had acquired in her own words...The Ol'Blogger

No comments: