Friday, February 6, 2009

Cindy's Sewing Room Part One

* *
*************************************************************************************

Thanks to my daughter I can play with the computer a little...May take me a week to get a posting done...beats nothing...I am having blogging withdraw...giggle giggle

We all have different creative sewing spaces/rooms. I am going to be sharing our rooms and how we have solved the problems of stash storage, clutter management and having our own inspiring places to work. Truthfully in our sewing rooms we can take some clutter. But every little bit we have to stop and put everything back in place...to be dragged back out as we work later. giggle giggle
We are going to start our sewing room tours at Cindy T's. home. Ascending the stair to her studio on the left hangs a quilt. We believe is named "The School House".When I asked her about this she informed me she had made this over 25 years ago...This was one of her first quilts and this is what she called a cheaters quilt.... Still nourished my heart with its beauty.

Posed at the top in front of the chest of drawers...are the stuffed animals...which I am guessing most (if not all) she made...They seem to be calling out " welcome, this is where you can play".... Placed perfectly on top of this chest are sewing boxes and baskets for storing neat items. With lace, dollies, buttons, peeking out....patterns and sewing books neatly laying there....all enticing one to touch.... The Ol' Blogger ....Date of Posting 2-9






































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, we sure did miss you.
Love you...